Here is your chance to make an impact on a highly entrepreneurial organization. This is a start-up organization within a larger company that has grown to 45 staff members in the past 2 years. The great thing about this start up is that they have the backing and stability of a large established company. This leadership role will be a key member of this growing team and will be seen as the investment accounting expert within the company. They are looking for a strong leader to recruit and retain talented staff members. This is a working manager role so candidates will be required to be hands on in this role
This company has a gorgeous corporate office very close to nature trails as well as shoppping. They offer an incredible benefits package with a generous 401K match.
The Investment Accounting Operations Manager will review and establish processes and controls to support the lifecycle of the investment for investment types
• Oversee, develop and implement standardized procedures for supporting the lifecycle of an investment in addition to creating and validating methods needed to process and access trade specific information.
• Responsible for management, oversight and completing trade confirming and processing, corporate actions, onboarding, valuation, adhoc reporting, and other functions of the lifecycle of a trade as needed while staying current with market and best practices in the industry to facilitate operational activities. Manage coverage to support initiatives, allocation of resources, workflows and escalation.
• Direct, anticipate and provide solutions to the most complex business and operations problems. Strategize with technology to devise and implement solutions to drive better operational efficiencies. Analyze, review and/or prepare regulatory, compliance, management, analytical and adhoc report requests from internal/external clients.
• Establish accurate, efficient and effective financial reporting and control functions.
• Collaborates with clients, custodians, brokers, industry contacts and internal service partners such as Front Office, Investment Accounting, IT, Treasury and outsource providers to ensure efficient and timely transmission of complete data.
• Lead and collaborates as a liaison between cross functional and external parties.
• Perform research and/or quantitative analysis that will allow market requirements to be shared with business groups.
• Develop and lead a team of professionals by hiring and retaining qualified professional staff, establishing and managing performance expectations, mentoring and coaching, driving results, establishing a plan that aligns with the strategic direction and communicating effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
• Seven or more years’ experience in Investment Operations as an individual contributor or management role
• A bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related degree
• Able to analyze financial documentation, develop procedures and communicate detail in both verbal and written form
• Experience with both insourced and outsourced operating models and vendor management preferred
• Experience within investment and accounting systems and platforms (Pam for Investments, Everest, Charles River Trading System, Omego Products, ClearPar, Thinkfolio, MarkitEdm, Calypso, Wall Street Office, Portia, Camera, Bloomberg AIM, Bond Edge, Intex) strongly preferred