Manages full life cycle of AP. Ensuring vendors are paid timely and follows internal controls. Establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information; managing staff.
* Accomplishes accounts payable human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
* Meets accounts payable operational standards by contributing accounts payable information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
* Meets accounts payable financial standards by providing annual accounts payable budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
* Pays invoices by verifying invoice coding; verifying transactions; scheduling disbursements; obtaining authorization of payments.
* Resolves account discrepancies by evaluating and approving investigations; resolving special cases; authorizing stop-payments.
* Updates payables by coordinating daily receiving reporting.
* Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
* Maintains accounting ledgers by posting monthly account transactions.
* Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
* Monitor AP Aging and streamlines AP Process.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, 5+ years of previous experience as Accounts Payable Manager.
Business strategy, Legal Compliance, Tracking AP Process, Accounting, Managing Processes, Reporting Research Results, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Motivating Others, Attention to Detail