This internationally recognized leader in equipment design, installation and service can offer you the opportunity to collaborate on large scale, high visibility projects as a Regional Category Manager focused on logistics. This position will appeal to seasoned supply chain professional who enjoys the challenge of working on complex projects in a team based setting. You will be rewarded with strong compensation and excellent career growth potential including opportunities for advancement. Company also has excellent training programs to bring you up to speed quickly.
- Lead the regional category development throughout the entire category dimension
- Actively monitor the external market conditions
- Development and deployment of the supplier relations management
- Be proactive in maintaining and communicating the overview of regional and local supplier options, qualified suppliers as well as supplier capability and capacity
- Ensure utilization and compliance of tools and processes
- Report cost reductions and achievements
- Continue to negotiate and provide the best possible regional and global pricing tariffs from the fewest preferred suppliers
- Exploit market trends in the transportation/logistics industry
- Support the relevant company entities within the region to optimize total costs of transportation/logistics services
- Be main contact for preferred regional suppliers and negotiate the relevant agreements.
- Responsible for the procurement compliance within the region, in terms of honouring the targeted/agreed spend distribution among preferred global and regional suppliers.
- Be an active member of the global category team
- Independently work as Project Leader on procurement initiatives with a global scope.
- Challenges the status quo on how to procure and order international transportation, with a view to reduce TCO and reduce the FLS carbon footprint.
- BS Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain or other relevant discipline
- 5 to 10 years experience within the area of procurement and category management with focus on international logistics and transport
- Extensive international transport experience, from working in the air & ocean forwarding sector, or in the project logistics sector
Cypress Search is a national Technical and Executive Search firm based in Eastern Pennsylvania. We work with top companies on Engineering, IT and Operations searches. Cypress Search will discuss all positions with candidates prior to submitting a resume to ensure candidate fit and interest.