Manages the purchasing, inventory control and logistics (transportation and customs) functions for the plant. Provides support to production scheduling on all material flow issues to meet production schedules and customer requirements. Interfaces with product line managers and customers on the planning and forecasting of orders to meet shipments. Monitors and maintains the adherence to both internal and external shipping process requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management in supply chain, inventory control, purchasing and procurement of raw materials and services used in operations.
- Work, directly or through employees, with customers, plant and suppliers to effectively remove barriers and resolve critical purchasing, supply situations/problems, which cannot be resolved by employees without damaging key relationships.
- Monitors KPI’s and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of product purchases
- Optimization of all materials management activities utilizing Lean Manufacturing techniques in scheduling, purchasing, inventory control, materials movement, supplier performance measurement, and indirect materials management.
- Develop and drive solutions for under performing suppliers and vendors
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers’ operations and quality to determine factors that affect prices, reliability and ability to meet schedules
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up on orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records
- Supports the preparation of an annual budget and plans to support the company with purchasing services
- Improvements to material and information flow
- Develop and implement a professional development program for materials personnel
- Drive improved supplier relationships
- Participate in the development of specifications for products or substitute materials.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Administers Company policy for transportation, scheduling, inventory control and customs compliance.
- Provide forecast and actual customer sales.
- Organize annual physical inventory and assists with variance analysis.
- Oversees and conducts ongoing cycle counts for raw, WIP and finished goods inventory.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience.
- Experience at a tier 1 automotive employer
- Experience with supplier EDI and customer ASN.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledgeable in JDE/QAD.
- Knowledge of TS-16949 quality system, customer specific packaging, shipping and labeling requirements.
- General knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of transportation and logistics.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.