Our client, a multi-billion, publicly traded organization is looking for a Sr. Accountant to come and join their rapidly growing team. Ideal candidate should have 4 - 7 years experience working for a large corporate environment and have previously worked in a public accounting firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Prepare, review and approve journal entries.
- Review expenditures to ensure proper account coding and classification.
- Review monthly P&L variances to budget and provide explanations to significant variances.
- Prepare consolidated reporting and analysis for senior management.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis.
- Oversee timely processing of inter-company transactions to business units.
- Assist with training and mentoring junior staff.
- Serve as a liaison between Finance and other departments as well as the business units and internal/external auditors.
- Perform other ad-hoc financial and accounting projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• B.S. in Accounting; CPA+
• Minimum 4 years public/private accounting experience.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid understanding of GAAP.
• Proficient computer skills, especially Excel.