Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nation’s largest and most renowned companies for almost fifteen years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering service’s needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for a Supply Management Specialist - Buyer on site at our client. As an employee of Productive Resources, you will support and may lead a commodity Strategic Sourcing team with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies for enterprise/region/division/unit. Build and develop a supply base for procuring less complex and strategic materials, products, supplies and services. Responsible for quality, delivery, supplier performance and establishing appropriate material replenishment process. Coordinate and lead efforts to address chronic supplier performance issues and/or validation of suppliers during the early supplier selection process as part of Enterprise Product Delivery Process (PDP). Facilitates the quality planning activities with suppliers.
· Maintain an ongoing relationship with assigned suppliers to monitor and improve supplier performance.
· Measure the performance of the supplier and define corrective actions.
· Obtain assistance from other functional representatives such as quality, product engineering, material flow, safety, and manufacturing.
· Support negotiation of supply agreements with specific suppliers resulting in an implementation strategy and a documented agreement.
· Drive continuous improvement in terms of performance and lowest total cost with the supply base utilizing Achieving Excellence process/criteria and other appropriate supply management tools.
· Support the Engineering Change Management (ECM) process so design changes and product improvements are implemented in a timely and cost-effective manner.
· Develop and execute inventory plans to achieve asset management aligned with factory goals.
· Resolve shipping, receiving, invoicing, and payment problems to ensure prompt and accurate payments to suppliers.
· Lead continuous cost reduction activity, focusing on Shareholder Value Added (SVA).
· Develop and implement communication plans to key
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
· Understanding of Order Fulfillment Process.
· Skills in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
· Knowledge of unit processes and operations.
· Work experience in a team experience.
· SAP experience.
· Previous purchasing experience.
· Associates or bachelor’s degree.
· Experience in specific areas of Supply Management, such as: supplier integration, strategic supply management, supplier development, factory supply management, cost management, scheduling, forecasting, logistics, etc.
If you are the right person, if you have the expertise we need, submit your resume now!